Developers can earn revenue through in-app billing or advertising revenue share. The processes for these are as follows:
To set up advertising in your app, have a look at our Advertising API documentation.
- You will receive an email from our advertising finance department within the first two weeks of the month requesting an invoice for advertising revenue earned the month before.
- Payment terms are 45 days after month end (not upon receipt of invoice), provided an invoice has been received.
- Going forward all invoice are to be made out to Mxit.
- Jeanne Jordaan is your point of contact for advertising revenue share queries.
To set up billing in your app, have a look at our Billing API documentation.
- You will receive an email from our revenue department on around the 20th of the month requesting an invoice for content revenue earned the month before.
- Payment will be made within 90 days after the end of the month to which the report relates, provided an invoice has been received.
- Chantal Dankers is your main contact for in-app revenue share queries.
Example of how the Moola is split:
The example works with 100 Moola or R1.00 as the base value, you can read over the legal definition for the Revenue Share in our API Terms. To Summarize:
- For every 100 Moola or R1.00 a user spends in your app, R0.50 of that goes to the network operator.
- Leaving the remaining R0.50 to be spilt into the 70/30 ratio where 70% of that R0.50 to the developer, and 30% of the R0.50 to Mxit.
- So for every 100 Moola or R1.00 spent in your app, you will receive R0.35.